Ever thought that happiness could lie in the simplest things? For most people, happiness would mean material things like money, fancy cars, huge houses and the list goes on and on. With all that's happening in the world today, I cannot thank God enough for the blessings He's poured out on me. We often strive for the very best in what we do (not that it's wrong), but in the process we drown ourselves with our work and duties that we miss out or forget the simple things in life that actually make life worth living. Over the past few days, I've come to realize that the simple things or rather treasures in my life are my loved ones.
I've been so caught up in what I have been doing whether it be with the truckloads of assignments, finding a place for my internship or studying for my finals, that I've neglected them or even worse snapped at them occasionally. Even through all this, they're still able to tolerate my nonsensical attitude which really amazes me sometimes. Having said all this, I can really say that I am truly blessed. As cliche as it sounds, I really do believe that I am. I don't know why I'm writing all this but I suddenly feel an overwhelming feeling of gratitude towards what I've been given from above. Life's too short to be dwelling in the past or having regrets over what has been done. Life is beautiful and isn't as complicated as we think it is if we just remember the simple things that make us happy! :) Love to all.
I've been so caught up in what I have been doing whether it be with the truckloads of assignments, finding a place for my internship or studying for my finals, that I've neglected them or even worse snapped at them occasionally. Even through all this, they're still able to tolerate my nonsensical attitude which really amazes me sometimes. Having said all this, I can really say that I am truly blessed. As cliche as it sounds, I really do believe that I am. I don't know why I'm writing all this but I suddenly feel an overwhelming feeling of gratitude towards what I've been given from above. Life's too short to be dwelling in the past or having regrets over what has been done. Life is beautiful and isn't as complicated as we think it is if we just remember the simple things that make us happy! :) Love to all.
1 comments:
yes i cannot agree more that it is the simple things in life that matters.
for example, a simple line can be a dragon and not a worm. a few simple lines can mean tribals and not nomads!
sorry, abit lame. however, i think people generally lack time for themselves. sometimes all we need is a little alone time to reflect on the simple things that make you you and me me.
Post a Comment